VIB Proteomics Core
Is detailed proteome analysis critical for your research? Originated at Ghent University, Belgium, the VIB Proteomics Core offers different proteome analysis platforms.
The Core is embedded in the VIB Medical Biotechnology Center.
VIB Proteomics Core provides mass spectrometry-driven proteome analyses, and our services include, but are not limited to:
- differential proteome analysis, both using stable isotopes as well as label-free,
- analysis of protein modifications such as phosphorylation, ubiquitination, acetylation and protein processing by proteases,
- characterization of isolated protein complexes using affinity purification-mass spectrometry (AP-MS),
- protein quantification using targeted proteomics,
- protein mass determination, and
- identification of protein partners binding to drugs or small molecules (chemical proteomics).
VIB Proteomics Core has immediate access to several state-of-the-art mass spectrometers to analyze your samples:
- Q Exactive HF,
- Q Exactive,
- Orbitrap Velos,
- Orbitrap XL with ETD option,
- Orbitrap XL,
- TSQ Vantage,
- Ultraflex II TOF/TOF MALDI-MS, and
- Q-ToF Premier.
PEC is running a range of bioinformatics and software tools to provide full data analysis as an integral part of our service.
VIB Proteomics Core consists of the following members:
VIB Proteomics Core (Oct 2018) - Ine Dehandschutter