VIB Nanobody Core
Nanobodies® are an extremely useful class of molecules for research, diagnostics and therapeutics in human and animal health. You can use them in a wide variety of fields, such as immunohistochemistry, immunomodulation, intracellular expression (intrabodies) and biosensor-applications. As proteomics tools, you can deploy them for expression profiling, physical mapping of proteins, protein-protein interaction studies, functional analysis and (in)activation of genens. Developed at the Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium, the powerful Nanobody® technology is now available to both academic as to non-academic researchers through the VIB Nanobody Core.
Deadline for the receipt of antigen for the upcoming immunization:
We regret to inform you that, due to corona pandemic, all our immunizations have been temporarily cancelled. The new immunization dates will be communicated here as soon as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause and thank you for your patience.
To obtain Nanobodies®, the researcher provides the VB Nanobody Core with a sufficiently pure protein or peptide (~0.5 mg).
- The facility delivers 1 to 10 different Nanobodies® for a given antigen.
- Nanobodies® that score positive in ELISA will be supplied as bacterial clones.
- The researcher also obtains the antigen binding sequence of each Nanobody®.
- The affinity of the Nanobody® will be in the range of 0.1 to 100 nM for proteinaceous antigens or from 0.1 to 10 µM for peptidic/haptenic antigens.
- Timeline: about 3 months from immunization until delivery of Nanobodies®.
- The success-rate for the entire procedure is about 70-80%. The scientist will only be charged after the successful delivery of a Nanobody®.
In addition to the delivery of standard Nanobodies®, additional services can be offered:
- Determination and ranking of affinity (kon, koff, KD).
- Engineering towards higher stability, affinity.
- Expression vectors are available to express modified recombinant constructs:
- Nanobodies® can be cloned in front of a human or mouse IgG domain (or any other animal/isotype).
- Nanobodies® can be tagged with Flag, c-myc, His, Cy-dyes, FITC, GFP, lactamase etc.
- Nanobodies® can be biotinylated for use in immunoprecipitation applications with streptavidin beads.
- Nanobodies® can be engineered into bivalent or bispecific antibody constructs.
VIB Nanobody Core consists of the following members:
- Gholamreza Hassanzadeh Ghassabeh
- Jelle Elseviers
- Jan Van Gompel
- Steve Schoonooghe
- Vaiva Gaspariunaite
- Kristien De Ruyck
- Rolando Paciello
VIB Nanobody Core (Oct 2018) - Ine Dehandschutter