VIB Nanobody Core
Nanobodies® are an extremely useful class of molecules for research, diagnostics and therapeutics in human and animal health. You can use them in a wide variety of fields, such as immunohistochemistry, immunomodulation, intracellular expression (intrabodies) and biosensor-applications. As proteomics tools, you can deploy them for expression profiling, physical mapping of proteins, protein-protein interaction studies, functional analysis and (in)activation of genens. Developed at the Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium, the powerful Nanobody® technology is now available to both academic as to non-academic researchers through the VIB Nanobody Core.
Deadline for the receipt of antigen for the upcoming immunization:
19 April 2019
To obtain Nanobodies®, the researcher provides the VB Nanobody Core with a sufficiently pure protein or peptide (~0.5 mg).
- The facility delivers 1 to 10 different Nanobodies® for a given antigen.
- Nanobodies® that score positive in ELISA will be supplied as bacterial clones.
- The researcher also obtains the antigen binding sequence of each Nanobody®.
- The affinity of the Nanobody® will be in the range of 0.1 to 100 nM for proteinaceous antigens or from 0.1 to 10 µM for peptidic/haptenic antigens.
- Timeline: about 3 months from immunization until delivery of Nanobodies®.
- The success-rate for the entire procedure is about 70-80%. The scientist will only be charged after the successful delivery of a Nanobody®.
In addition to the delivery of standard Nanobodies®, additional services can be offered:
- Determination and ranking of affinity (kon, koff, KD).
- Engineering towards higher stability, affinity.
- Expression vectors are available to express modified recombinant constructs:
- Nanobodies® can be cloned in front of a human or mouse IgG domain (or any other animal/isotype).
- Nanobodies® can be tagged with Flag, c-myc, His, Cy-dyes, FITC, GFP, lactamase etc.
- Nanobodies® can be biotinylated for use in immunoprecipitation applications with streptavidin beads.
- Nanobodies® can be engineered into bivalent or bispecific antibody constructs.
NSF consists of the following members: